DEVELOPMENT AND OUTREACH INTERNSHIP
NW Documentary seeks a Development and Outreach Intern to support the efforts of the Development Associate to ensure success of the organization’s year-end fundraising campaign, Alumni events and community outreach to raise the public profile of NW Documentary. This position will give hands on experience in nonprofit fundraising, communications and public relations This is an excellent opportunity for a someone with good planning, communication and outreach skills who wants to be directly involved in the growth and success of a small media arts non-profit.
Duties will fall into four main categories: Campaign administration, Outreach and Public Relations, Events and Alumni program development. This position reports directly to the Development Associate.
About NW Documentary
NW Documentary practices, teaches, and shares the art of non-fiction storytelling. We illuminate important stories that would otherwise be lost or overlooked, provide experiential learning opportunities, and generate better understanding, appreciation, and dialog within our community. Our original productions have garnered prestigious awards, and have been shared in schools, museums, cultural centers, as well as broadcast. Our workshops have trained over 1,000 storytellers, creating hundreds of original documentaries, which are shared in public events and special presentations. Visit our site at www.nwdocumentary.org and check out our programs.
Time Commitment: 10-15 hours per week, November through March 2015
Start Date: November 1, 2014
Location: The New Market Theater Building, 115 SW Ash Street, #620, across from Skidmore fountain area. One block away from Stumptown Coffee, VooDoo Donuts and near multiple food cart pods.
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship that offers a chance to influence emerging development and outreach initiatives and make a big impact on a small organization. You’ll have the opportunity to be a part of an amazingly talented and engaged film community that has become an important part of the artistic vitality of Portland. College credit provided if needed.
- Assist staff with donation appeals and preparation for targeted campaigns
- Events-logistical coordination and in-kind donation solicitation
- Assist with preparation for corporate sponsorships solicitation
- Additional data entry and updating of records
Outreach & Public Relations
- Assist with Alumni outreach initiatives
- Coordinate outreach activities for donor retention and continued Alumni involvement
- Assist with e-newsletter preparation, social media engagement, campaigns and website updates
- Press related items (preparing press releases, create and maintain contact lists and public calendar updates)
- Exceptional skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Skill in problem solving, prioritizing, and decision-making.
- Social networking campaign experience
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising, community outreach or public relations
- Self motivated
- Outgoing and able to build good rapport
- WordPress skills
- Familiarity with Salesforce
Please submit the following by October 17, 2014 –
- Cover letter-Please state why are you interested in this internship and what qualifications you bring
- Current resume
- Contact information for two professional references
Send via email to email@example.com, addressed to:
Angela Pearson, Development Associate
115 SW Ash Street, #620
Portland, OR 97204
NW Documentary is not hiring at this time.
As a small organization, we always welcome volunteers to help us run our day-to-day operations. Our current volunteer needs include:
Video compression and authoring DVDs
Social Media and WordPress Updates
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information. Most volunteer opportunities are available during our office hours of 12-6pm, Monday-Friday though some projects offer more flexibility.
Got skills, want to make a difference? Teach a NW Documentary workshop. NW Documentary has partnered with some of the best indie documentary filmmakers to design and offer innovative workshops, seminars and presentations. You can be next! All non-fiction artists welcome, including photographers, writers, radio producers, and multi-media creators. Send letter of interest, resume, and work sample to our Artistic Director.